hbase-user mailing list archives

From Keith Thomas <keith.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase client query
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 15:00:32 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to move my HBase client application from,

- a Ubuntu Virtual Machine running HBase in pseudo distributed mode with
default configuration settings, to,
- the OS X machine hosting the Ubuntu Virtual Machine running HBase

Based upon other Nabble threads I have inserted a set() line into my code,

		        this.hbConfig = new HBaseConfiguration();
		        this.hbConfig.set("hbase.master", "192.168.1.19:60000"); // New
code added
		        this.hbAdmin = new HBaseAdmin(this.hbConfig);

but I see the following exception thrown when executing the 'new
HBaseAdmin(...)' statement,

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:347)

I am suspicious I have not configured my client correctly as I cannot find
an "hbase.master" property in my HBase XML config files. Apologies if there
are some docs I should have read, if this is the case please just point me
at the appropriate docs.