hbase-user mailing list archives

From learningtapestry <satish...@yahoo.com>
Subject HBase -- unique constraints
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:24:17 GMT

I am evaluating if HBase is right for a small prototype I am developing.

Please help me understand a few things:

1. Can I do something like this in RDBMS -- "select * from table WHERE
column LIKE '%xyz%'"

2. How should we place constraints? For example, if I have a Users table,
and one column is "login_name". How can I ensure that no two people create
the same login name? Is there a constraint I can place or something similar?

3. Is there something with HBase tables that I CANNOT do? If there is, what
is the strategy I have to use?

4. For something not possible with HBase today, can I simply use the
MapReduce framework that comes with Hadoop over the HBase tables?

Thanks in advance