hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amandeep Khurana <ama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase Installation
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:10:51 GMT
Comments inline

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:04 AM, kranthi reddy <kranthili2020@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I am new to Hbase and am having some troubles in understanding how it
> works.
>
> I am trying to setup Hbase in distributed mode with 2 machines in my
> cluster. I have hadoop up and running on these 2 machines.

Maybe the TaskTracker is done.. Check that.

So is it 1NN + 1DN or is the master doubling up as a DN + TT as well?

> I have tried to configure hbase so that it handles zookeeper on it's own.
> These 2 machines also act as regionservers as well. My Hbase-site.xml looks
> like this.
>
> """"""""""""<property>
>  <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
>  <value>true</value>
>  <description>The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are
>  false: standalone and pseudo-distributed setups with managed zookeeper
>  true: fully-distributed with unmanaged zookeeper quorom (see hbase-env.sh)
>  </description>
> </property>
> <property>
>  <name>dfs.replication</name>
>  <value>3</value>
> </property>
>
> <property>
> <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
> <value>2181</value>
> <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
> The port at which the clients will connect.
> </description>
> </property>
>
> <property>
> <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
> <value>10.2.44.131,10.2.44.132</value>
> <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
> </description>
> </property>""""""""""

The quorum should contain odd number of nodes.. So, put only one here since
you have only 2 machines.

> When I start hbase, zookeeper is started successfully on both machines
> along
> with regionservers as well.
>
> But when I try to run a map code which reads inputs from a text file and
> loads them into a table in the hbase, Map runs only on "10.2.44.131" server
> which is also the master of hbase. I am unable to understand why
> "10.2.44.132" machine doesn't run the Map code to insert into the table?

How about the number of mappers in your job? Did you hard code it to one. Or
did you put the number of mappers in the hadoop configuration xmls as 1?
Check that too.