hbase-user mailing list archives

From Yabo-Arber Xu <arber.resea...@gmail.com>
Subject Fail to delete columns
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 04:15:17 GMT
Hi there,

I am using HBase 0.19.1 API, and try to call deleteFamily method to delete
one of the column. The way to call is straightforward as follows:

        HBaseConfiguration config = new HBaseConfiguration();
        m_table = new HTable( config, tblName );
        m_table.deleteFamily(rowkey, "review");  //review is a column family
name

It does not seem to work. After runing the above code, all the cells under
this column family are still there. Is it a bug or I use it in a wrong way?
I tried other delete method like deleteAll, and they failed as well.

Thanks for your time!

Arber