hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric Bowman <ebow...@boboco.ie>
Subject Re: NoNode Exception?
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 16:11:29 GMT
I'd look in the zookeeper logs for more clues. We saw something similar
to this, and found OutOfMemoryErrors in the ZK logs.

Mark Vigeant wrote:
> So I said I'd tell you if the problem came up again, so here's the error that gets thrown
at me over and over again:

> 09/10/02 23:59:23 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Exception closing session 0x0 to sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@92eb76
> java.io.IOException: Read error rc = -1 java.nio.DirectByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=4 cap=4]
> 	at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.doIO(ClientCnxn.java:653)
> 	at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:897)
> 09/10/02 23:59:23 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Ignoring exception during shutdown input
> java.net.SocketException: Transport endpoint is not connected
> 	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdown(Native Method)
> 	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:640)
> 	at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:360)
> 	at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:951)
> 	at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:922
>
> This is actually different from what it was the other day. Any clue what's going on here?

was no longer in standalone mode but the error is still occurring. Perhaps I have to reformat
everything then configure it in distributed mode?

some virtual machines (with ubuntu), and for whatever reason every week or so I get thrown
a ton of exceptions and have no idea what to do except format the nodes and reinstall everything.
Basically I get this :

>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode
for /hbase/master

>>> but it's silly because I know the master is running (when typing jps it says
HMaster and HQuorumPeer are running fine) so I was wondering if there was a patch or something
that fixes this... I don't think this is because of something I did because it occurs randomly.
I don't know. I throw myself at the mercy of the listserve.

--
Eric Bowman
Boboco Ltd