hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: hbase on s3 and safemode
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 16:47:07 GMT
HBase or HDFS is in safe mode.  My guess is that its the latter.   Can you
figure from HDFS logs why it won't leave safe mode?  Usually
under-replication or a loss of a large swath of the cluster will flip on the
safe-mode switch.

Are you trying to run HBASE on an S3 filesystem?  An HBasista tried it in
the past and, FYI, found it insufferably slow.  Let us know how it goes for
you.

Thanks,
St.Ack