hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adam Smyczek <adam.smyc...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting started issue with HBase and ZooKeeper
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 02:42:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to setup HBase in standalone mode for the first time.
Following the getting started guide everything seems to be fine
until I issue the first command on the HBase shell, for example
the 'list' command. It throws the exception:

java.io.IOException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException
$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase/
master
	at
org
.apache
.hadoop
.hbase
.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.readAddressOrThrow(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:
331)
	at
org
.apache
.hadoop
.hbase
.zookeeper
.ZooKeeperWrapper.readMasterAddressOrThrow(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:240)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager
$TableServers.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:318)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:72)
Method)

But it still prints the correct output. When I call 'list' or any
other command again,
it works fine. Any idea how to fix this?

Based on some posts found by googling, I try to change 'localhost'
to the host IP or host name, but without success.
I'm running OS X 10.5.6 and HBase 0.20.1.

Adam