hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zheng Lv <lvzheng19800...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is there any problem with our environment?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:18:47 GMT
Hello Stack,
    Thank you for your reply. These days I was on vacation. I'm so sorry for
replying too late.

    > Are you using IPs?  Try using hostnames?
    I have changed it.

    > Are you inserting every 10ms because hbase is falling over on you?  If
so,
    > please remove the delay so hbase fails faster so it doesn't take so
long to
    > figure the issue.
    Yes I inserted every 10ms because I'm afraid hbase would fall over. Now
I have removed the delay.

    After doing these, We have run the test program again, and one region
server shut down after about 2 hours, another one 3.
    I will post the logs on these two servers in following reply mails.

    > Ok.  So this is hbase 0.20.0?  Tell us about your hardware.  What kind
is
    > it?  CPU/RAM/Disks.
    Yes we are using  hbase 0.20.0. And the following is our hardware:

    CPU:amd x3 710
    RAM:8g ddr2 800
    Disk:270g(raid0)

    We have 7 servers with above hardware, one for master, three for
namenodes / regionservers, and the other 3 for zks.
    By the way, what kind of hardware and environment do you suggest we
have?

    Thank you, very much.
    LvZheng.