hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Puranik <vpura...@gmail.com>
Subject A region full of data is missing
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:11:24 GMT
Hi,

We are running HBase  0.20.0 with 3 region servers (on EC2 with EBS
volumes).

We suddenly found that data for a week is missing in one of our tables. This
table is continuously updated.
When we try to query the table with that week's time stamp, we get nothing
back as if the data does not exist.

When we looked at the region distribution, we found that all of the missing
data (for a week in August) belongs to a region (based on start and end
keys).

The region seems to exist in .META. table and it's entry seems to be the
same as other regions.

What could be the possible reason that this data is not accessible? Is there
any way I can try to save that week's data given that the region seems to
exist?

Regards,
Vaibhav Puranik
Gumgum