hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Puranik <vpura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A region full of data is missing
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 02:40:56 GMT
Stack,

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer.

I could locate the file on the filesystem.

I did not find any unusual activity with the region name in the master log.
Looks like the region was opened for updating rows. There are messages such
as MSG_REPORT_PROCESS_OPEN, MSG_REPORT_OPEN, MSG_REPORT_CLOSE in the log for
this region. Last message is MSG_REPORT_OPEN. Does that mean the region is
open and needs to be closed?

All the other regions seems to have one file in their data directory. This
region has two files in its data directory.
Is that right?

How do I close the region? HRegionServer.close is a protected method. What's
the other way to close it?

Regards,
Vaibhav