hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject RE: Read from 2 files, write to 1 table
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:09:15 GMT
Ok, thanks a lot tim!

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Robertson [mailto:timrobertson100@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:09 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Read from 2 files, write to 1 table

Sounds like 2 jobs would make sense to me.  It is quite common to do
many jobs sequentially for a process.

Tim

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Mark Vigeant
<mark.vigeant@riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> Hey-
>
> I'm wondering what the best practice is to write a program that reads 2 files (with different
formats), parses them separately, and puts parsed data to a table.

> Is it better to have 2 maps and submit 2 jobs? Can I submit 2 maps to the same job? Should
I submit both files to 1 map? If so, how do I know which file I am dealing with inside the
map function so that I can parse it differently?