hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hilarious presentation on NoSQL ...
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:36:27 GMT
The assumption is that 1 server = 1 server. A high performance DB
server with multiple PSUs and 2 trays of disks consumes plenty of
power. A rack full of 40 1Us also consumes plenty of power as well.

Full analysis of the power/mips is something I think only people like
yahoo and google has done. I don't really have the resources, but I
suspect that, like everything, "it depends".  You can probably fudge
the numbers to look good both ways.