hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie question on stopping Hbase
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:18:43 GMT
Without HDFS-265 there is the likelyhood of data loss in an extreme
crash scenario (eg: kill -9, power failure, etc).  HDFS-0.21 fixes
these things, but its not out yet.  In the mean time, try a regular
kill if you want to take a regionserver down w/o data loss.

-ryan

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Rekha Joshi <rekhajos@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Instinctively think second to be the cause.
> Did you try flushing it to disk and then killing and found strange behavior? - just one
more experiment to remove the role of instinct :-) Thanks!