hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting HBase in fully distributed mode...
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 18:00:31 GMT
Use the HBase EC2 scripts to launch and manage a cluster up in EC2. The
scripts launch the instances themselves, and take care of details such
as setting up security groups, allocating and starting a dedicated ZK
quorum ensemble, adding ZK and master private DNS names to the config
and distributing it to the slaves, etc.

See subtasks on HBASE-1961 for further developments planned.

   - Andy

________________________________
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, December 8, 2009 12:40:17 PM
Subject: Re: Starting HBase in fully distributed mode...

Cool.  Didn't know there were scripts in the trunk for HBase.  Will
definitely try those.

Should I first run the scripts for Hadoop (from <Hadoop>/src/contrib/ec2)
and then run scripts for HBase (from <HBase>/src/contrib/ec2)?  Or would the
HBase scripts install/format HDFS automatically for me so that I don't need
to install Hadoop separately?

In other words, what should be my approach:

1)  Launch 3 instances on EC2.  Run HBase scripts against them.

OR

2)  Launch 3 instances on EC2. Install Hadoop.  Format HDFS.  Start HDFS.
Run HBase scripts against these instances?

Please let me know.  Thanks.