hbase-user mailing list archives

From hiroshi <hiroshi....@isp21.co.jp>
Subject zookeeper setting
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 04:03:24 GMT

Hi,
I built hadoop(0.20.1)+hbase(0.20.1) cluster structure(Master x 1, Slave x
4).
And I tried following process to verify the behavior during system
failure.Shut down one of the slave server, and start Hbase while I have a
machine which cannot establish connection in the cluster.
I this regard, I get the following log repeatedly(3-8times)at interval of 3
seconds on "hbase-hadoop-zookeeper-hmaster.log", as a result.

#############################
2009-12-18 19:52:40,709 WARN
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager: Cannot open
channel to 1 at election address hslave1.test.co.jp/192.168.1.25:3888
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
#############################

After all, when I verified the connection status using netstat command,
connection has established among those running 4 server(Master x 1, Slave x
3), and WARN messages would stop.

Regarding this LOG message, I assume it output when a server cannot reach
the target server
 during establishing the connetion. Though Log is output at interval of 3
seconds everytime,number of log is not constant(vary from 3 to 8 times). (I
wonder if number of retry may not fixed in each boot?)

I refered "$HBASE_HOME/conf/hbase-site.xml", and changed parameter of
[hbase.zookeeper.property.tickTime]  to be 5000 as a trial, but nothing have
changed.
Though I tried to change some other parameter, interval and number of log
output have not changed.

Is there any configuration file which can configure like "number of retry",
"interval of retry",
 or "time-out duration" in hbase conf directory? I hope someone could help
me.

My best regards.