hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated HBASE RPMS
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:43:08 GMT
Hi Edward,

Andrew, Jeff H and I were discussing this a while ago. I had someone
else ask for a .deb of the current release. Andrew created the older
rpm's for Cloudera (I think) back then but cannot really maintain
them. So I personally would appreciate someone hosting those on their
own infrastructure and we point to it. I back then suggested we add
scripts to contrib which builds the respective .rpm or .deb (or add it
to the ant build.xml so that it can be run). Andrew pointed out that
this is difficult as the specific install scripts require intimate
knowledge as to where things are located (like where is Hadoop etc.).
Maybe we simply start with a standard based layout and a Cloudera CDH
layout and add more as needed? Because once you have added those build
scripts in either location (thinking about it I guess contrib is best
as it needs those scripts and other possible resources that need to be
packed into the package - but could still be all tied up in an ant
script as that is platform independent) anyone can build them or use
yours which you build the same way but host already done. What do you
think?

Lars