hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chad Hardin <cehar...@gmail.com>
Subject Shared org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.transactional.TransactionState?
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:20:11 GMT
Hello all,

I'm trying to solve the problem of performing operations on a
HTransactionalTable under the context of a long-duration transaction.  My
problem is that I won't know what machines will be involved in the
long-duration transaction beforehand.  The solution I have in mind is to
make TransactionStates some type of remote resource that any machine can
reference at any time.  Is this possible.  Is this a bad idea in general?
How could I share a single TransactionState amongst several machines?

Thanks!
Chad Hardin