hbase-user mailing list archives

From dShaman <ke...@dnagamesinc.com>
Subject Data Nucleus and HBase - Problems during Update
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:36:50 GMT

I was able to get a Java based client up using Hbase which seems to work just
fine, but when I stuck a JDO layer on top via DataNucleus, I got some weird
behavior during update.  It seemed liked I could insert records, delete
records, and read records, but when I try to do an update, the record gets
removed!

Has anyone else had an issue like this?  My testing code was pretty
primitive so I'm wondering if it might be a configuration issue with
hbase/zookeeper or something else:

public void test() {
  File propsFile = new
File(AbstractPersistenceTest.DATA_NUCLEUS_PROPERTIES);
  PersistenceManagerFactory pmf =
JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(propsFile);
  PersistenceManager pm = pmf.getPersistenceManager();

  Transaction tx = pm.currentTransaction();
  Fake entity = null;
  try {
    tx.begin();
    entity = createEntity();
    pm.makePersistent(entity);
    tx.commit();
  } finally {
    if (tx.isActive()) {
      tx.rollback();
    }
  }

  String oldUUID = entity.getId();
  String updatedName = "New Name";
  tx = pm.currentTransaction();
  try {
    tx.begin();
    Fake readEntity = null;
    readEntity = (Fake)pm.getObjectById(entity.getClass(), entity.getId());
    readEntity.setName(updatedName);
    tx.commit();
  } finally {
    if (tx.isActive()) {
      tx.rollback();
    }
  }

  Fake updatedEntity = (Fake)pm.getObjectById(entity.getClass(), oldUUID);
// fails here.  can't find record
  assertEquals(updatedName, updatedEntity.getName());
}