hbase-user mailing list archives

From "ben.cotton@lehman.com" <benjamin.cot...@lehman.com>
Subject Re: FW: [Announce] HBql
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:11:24 GMT

HBql's announcement is exciting to us.  Having just briefly browsed the
www.hbql.com code samples, we now see  an extremely familiar API that
gives us a basis to connect our applications to Hadoop  data sources.
That HBql's API is familiar is the key.

We are most keen to learn/exercise HBql's implementation specifics (e.g.
of java.sql.Connection, etc.)  and its ideal potential to bridge  us
via  HBase to native Hadoop data operations (MapReduce) and native
Hadoop data operands (HDFS).

Hadoop "big data" capability w/o having to learn native Hadoop APIs?
Great job HBql!