hbase-user mailing list archives

From Paul Ambrose <pambr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] HBql
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:14:09 GMT
I was not real keen on spinning yet another dialect of SQL, but  I wanted the query
language to fit HBase.   So, for example, if you want to specify a filter for the server and
filter for the client, a standard where clause is not going to work.  Same goes with versioning
info and key ranges.

That said, supporting the JPA QL would not be a lot of work if that is what people want to
use.
But I cannot promise to surface all the goodness of HBase.

Cheers,
Paul