hbase-user mailing list archives

From Paul Ambrose <pambr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] HBql
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 04:58:24 GMT
Thanks Ken.

The laws of HBase physics still apply.  If you execute a single scan
on all the rows of a table, it is likely to be expensive.   HBql allows you
to easily fire off N concurrent queries (as a series of N contiguous key ranges in HBql)
which might give better performance.    You can configure a Query Executor
in HBql to have the appropriate number of threads.  I know very little about HBase
internals, so I am not sure what the expected improvement of such concurrency might be.

Cheers,
Paul