hbase-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Adam Silberstein <silbe...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Java client problem w/ zookeeper
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:40:08 GMT
Hi stack,
Having some trouble trying this.  I created a log4j.properties file and
tried different combinations of these, with the goal of seeing if I could
first adjust the log level at all from current INFO:
log4j.logger.org.apache.zookeeper=ERROR,stdout
zookeeper.root.logger=ERROR, stdout
log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, stdout

But no effect.  Probably a dumb log4j error, but it's blocking me.

Also, I moved to yet another Hbase deployment.  This time I was able to
insert about 20 million records from my client.  Then I encountered the same
problem.  I can insert with the shell, but not from my client.  The only
Hbase-side thing I see are the NodeExistsException: KeeperErrorCode =
NodeExists in the zookeeper log, and there is one for each of my threads.

Also, I tried restarting Hbase/Hadoop, making sure the everything was idle
before I started again, but no luck.

Thanks,
Adam



On 1/13/10 2:54 PM, "stack" <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> I wonder what the 'node' is that its complaining about?  It doesn't say.  I
> wonder if you did DEBUG for zk if you'd learn more?  Could enable it on the
> problematic client only?
> 
> 
> St.Ack
> 
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Adam Silberstein
> <silberst@yahoo-inc.com>wrote:
> 
>> Hi,
>> I set up a new Hbase cluster and am seeing an error I haven't seen before.
>> When I start up Hbase I have this NodeExists error in the zookeeper log:
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NodeExistsException: KeeperErrorCode =
>> NodeExists
>>        at
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.pRequest(PrepRequestProcess
>> or.java:245)
>>        at
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.run(PrepRequestProcessor.ja
>> va:114)
>> 2010-01-13 11:10:47,503 WARN
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Got exception when
>> processing sessionid:0x1262918396b0002 type:create cxid:0xc
>> zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown n/a
>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NodeExistsException: KeeperErrorCode =
>> NodeExists
>>        at
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.pRequest(PrepRequestProcess
>> or.java:245)
>>        at
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.run(PrepRequestProcessor.ja
>> va:114)
>> 
>> I've read that may be harmless.  But then when I run the java client, it
>> cannot do any operations.  And I see a similar NodeExists error in the
>> zookeeper log.
>> 
>> 
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:24,661 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>> Connected to /203.104.21.210:36928 lastZxid 0
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:24,661 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>> Creating new session 0x1262918396b0004
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:24,664 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>> Finished init of 0x1262918396b0004 valid:true
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:24,973 WARN
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Got exception when
>> processing sessionid:0x1262918396b0004 type:create cxid:0x2
>> zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown n/a
>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NodeExistsException: KeeperErrorCode =
>> NodeExists
>>        at
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.pRequest(PrepRequestProcess
>> or.java:245)
>>        at
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.run(PrepRequestProcessor.ja
>> va:114)
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:33,088 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>> Exception causing close of session 0x1262918396b0004 due to
>> java.io.IOException: Read error
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:33,089 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>> closing session:0x1262918396b0004 NIOServerCnxn:
>> java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/203.104.21.210:2181
>> remote=/203.104.21.210:36928]
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:42,709 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>> Connected to /203.104.21.212:54837 lastZxid 0
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:42,709 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>> Creating new session 0x1262918396b0005
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:42,711 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>> Finished init of 0x1262918396b0005 valid:true
>> 2010-01-13 11:11:42,711 WARN
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Got exception when
>> processing sessionid:0x1262918396b0005 type:create cxid:0x1
>> zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown n/a
>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NodeExistsException: KeeperErrorCode =
>> NodeExists
>>        at
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.pRequest(PrepRequestProcess
>> or.java:245)
>>        at
>> 
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.run(PrepRequestProcessor.ja
>> va:114)
>> 2010-01-13 11:12:06,002 INFO
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SessionTrackerImpl:
>> Expiring session 0x1262918396b0004
>> 2010-01-13 11:12:06,002 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
>> Expiring session 0x1262918396b0004
>> 2010-01-13 11:12:06,002 INFO
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Processed session
>> termination request for id: 0x1262918396b0004
>> 
>> I've tried wiping the whole setup, including the zookeeper files that Hbase
>> puts in /tmp and formatting HDFS.  But I get the same problem again.  I'm
>> not seeing any exceptions on the client-side.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Adam
>> 
>> 


Mime
View raw message