hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ananth T. Sarathy" <ananth.t.sara...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem With Zookeeper
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:43:55 GMT
I have Hbase.env set to manage Zookeeper. When I try to start hbase, the
zookeeper out says

java.io.IOException: Could not find my address: localhost in list of
ZooKeeper quorum servers
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.HQuorumPeer.writeMyID(HQuorumPeer.java:128)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.HQuorumPeer.main(HQuorumPeer.java:67)
~

in my hbase-site.xml

 <property>
   <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
   <value>gs2,gs3,gs4</value>
   <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
   For example, "host1.mydomain.com,host2.mydomain.com,host3.mydomain.com".
   By default this is set to localhost for local and pseudo-distributed
modes
   of operation. For a fully-distributed setup, this should be set to a full
   list of ZooKeeper quorum servers. If HBASE_MANAGES_ZK is set in
hbase-env.sh
   this is the list of servers which we will start/stop ZooKeeper on.
   </description>
 </property>

in my /etc/hosts

# hostname gs2 added to /etc/hosts by anaconda
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4 gs2
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6 gs2

192.168.20.101 gs1
192.168.20.102 gs2
192.168.20.103 gs3
192.168.20.104 gs4
192.168.20.105 gs5
192.168.20.106 gs6
192.168.20.107 gs7
192.168.20.108 gs8
192.168.20.110 gs10
192.168.20.111 gs11
192.168.20.112 gs12
192.168.20.113 gs13
192.168.20.114 gs14
192.168.20.115 gs15
192.168.20.116 gs16
192.168.20.117 gs17

am I missing something here? Why does it insist on localhost in the quorum
list? What do i need to do to unconfuse it?

Ananth T Sarathy