hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Nguyen <andrew-lists-hb...@ucsfcti.org>
Subject Re: Modeling column families
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 02:38:38 GMT
Saw responses over on the Cassandra to a similar question and I think I've answered my own
question...

the Timestamp you refer to could be the date, and the columns would be the milliseconds within
that particular date?

--Andrew

On Apr 23, 2010, at 6:17 PM, Andrew Nguyen wrote:

> When you say Bob-ABP-Timestamp, I assume you're still referring to the row-key?  If so,
I'm confused as to what the column name would be.

> Or, are you saying that each row should be a combination of the patient name and timestamp,
with the physiologic parameter name as the column name?  Would that still provide better query
times when only looking for a particular patient's data?