hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wade Arnold <wade.arn...@t8webware.com>
Subject Geospatial Key Design ?
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:18:41 GMT
We have been working on using Hbase for some geospatial queries for
agronomic data. Via mapreduce we have created a secondary index to point at
the raw records. Our issue is that the density of geohash/UTM/Zip/(lat,long)
data sets is that they are naturally dense. For our use case the Midwest is
very dense and New York and San Francisco donĀ¹t exist. I am sure for 4sqr
and localized advertising engines this is the opposite. Do to the density of
they key we keep on having region server density issues. I was wondering if
anyone on the list has added any additional dimension on top of a geohash in
order to create better partitioning?

Wade Arnold