hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tuning question...
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 20:35:59 GMT

Hi,

I was trying to tune my HBase environment, following the stuff on the wiki and I have a question
regarding the GC parallel threads setting.

Is there a good 'rule of thumb' or formula like 1 thread per core, or something?
Sorry I'm going from memory...-XX:ParallelGCThreads=<number_of_GC_threads>.

Also what about the newSize, maxNewSize values? The example says 6M but is there any other
things to consider?

Thx

-Mike