hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Theoretical question...
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:31:08 GMT

Imagine you have a cloud of 100 hadoop nodes.
In theory you could create multiple instances of HBase on the cloud.
Obviously I don't think you could have multiple region servers running on the same node.

The use case I was thinking about if you have a centralized hadoop cloud and you wanted to
have multiple developer groups sharing the cloud as a resource rather than building their
own clouds.

The reason for the multiple hbase instances is that you don't have a way of setting up multiple
instances like different Informix or Oracle databases/schemas on the same infrastructure.

Thx

-Mike