hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Tuning question...
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 19:21:01 GMT

Well I went back to u17 from u18.

I'm still having issues where I have regions servers going 'zombie' That is, the regionserver
starts a new session but the jobs are trying to attach to the old session and are getting
a connection refused. (The old session is not up to allow connections.)

I'm playing with the newSize and maxNewSize directives as I run some jobs and I'm also trying
to see what my developers are doing. (Lots of moving parts so its hard to find the error.)
Already went through the 17 tuning tips and the GC data.

Note: I moved the ZK off my data nodes. While I didn't think that they were an issue, moving
them removed one moving piece. The ZKs don't seem to be eating too many resources on their
own.

I'm trying to see what could be causing my issues. Looks like GC is the main culprit, but
I need to be sure.

Anyone know issues w u17? Or if u19 is safe?

Thx

-Mike