hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michał Podsiadłowski <podsiadlow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very long time between node failure and reasing of regions.
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:51:21 GMT
 Hi Edward,

these are not good news for us. If under low load you get 30 seconds
our 3 minutes are quite normal. Especially because your records are
quite big and there is lots of removals and inserts. I just wonder if
our use case scenarios are not in the sweet spot of hbase or hbase
availability simply low. Do you have any knowledge about change to
architecture in 0.21? As far as I can see partially problem is with
dividing logs from dead data node to table files logs.
Is there any way we could speed up recovery ? And can someone explain
what happened when we shutdown 3/6 regions servers? Why cluster got
into inconsistent state with so many missing regions? Is this so extra
usual situation that hbase can't handle?

Thanks,
Michal