hbase-user mailing list archives

From alex kamil <alex.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Temporal database - infinite timestamp numbers
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:54:55 GMT
Pierre-Alexandre,

'Temporal' as a term is a bit overloaded, if you mean 'temporal' in the
classic sense (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_database), i'm not sure
Hbase would be a good fit for that

if you simply want to store a time series, this is what i do to store a
sequence of events to allow range queries and sequential scans:

RowKey=time (or sequence id)
ColumnFamilies ={event types}
Columns={event name:value}
*I don't use versioning

If you are looking for aggregation reports on multi-dimensional time series
you may find this tool useful:http://github.com/zohmg/zohmg

Regards
Alex