hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sujee Maniyam <su...@sujee.net>
Subject Re: hitting xceiverCount limit (2047)
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:42:03 GMT
J-D,
- about 7000 regions (spread over 4 region servers).
- one column family.
- each row is about 1kbytes
- 400M rows

when the xciever limit is hit, I see the following errors on master log

INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Exception in
createBlockOutputStream java.io.IOException: Bad connect ack with
firstBadLink 10.210.X.Y:50010
INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Abandoning block
blk_3157562535002015020_4324755

what exactly does 'abandoning block' mean?

thanks
Sujee

http://sujee.net