hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sujee Maniyam <su...@sujee.net>
Subject hitting xceiverCount limit (2047)
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:37:32 GMT
Hi all,

I have been importing a bunch of data into my hbase cluster, and I see
the following error:

Hbase error :
hdfs.DFSClient: Exception in createBlockOutputStream
java.io.IOException: Bad connect ack with firstBadLink A.B.C.D

Hadoop data node error:
     DataXceiver : java.io.IOException: xceiverCount 2048 exceeds the
limit of concurrent xcievers 2047

I have configured dfs.datanode.max.xcievers = 2047 in
hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml

Config:
amazon ec2   c1.xlarge instances (8 CPU, 8G RAM)
1 master + 4 region servers
hbase heap size = 3G

Upping the xcievers count, is an option.  I want to make sure if I
need to tweak any other parameters to match this.

thanks
Sujee
http://sujee.net