hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrey <atimerb...@gmx.net>
Subject Get operation in HBase Map-Reduce methods
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 06:39:22 GMT
Dear All,

Assumed, I've got a list of rowIDs of a HBase table. I want to get each row by
its rowID, do some operations with its values, and store the results somewhere
subsequently. Is there a good way to do this in a Map-Reduce manner?

As far as I understand, a mapper usually takes a Scan to form inputs. It is
quite possible to create such a Scan, which contains a lot of RowFilters to be
EQUAL to a particular <rowId>. Such a strategy will work for sure, however is
inefficient, since each filter will be tried to match to each found row.

So, is there a good Map-Reduce praxis for such kind of situations? (E.g. to make
a Get operation inside a map() method.) If yes, could you kindly point to a good
code example?

Thank you in advance.