hbase-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject HBase's ACID guarantees (HBASE-2294)
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 01:02:38 GMT
Dear HBase users,

Up to this point, the guarantees that HBase has provided haven't been well
enumerated. As we add the much-talked-about sync feature to HDFS/HBase, we
can now start to define what the semantics of HBase are, and what your
applications should be able to expect from it as a data store.

If you're currently building on HBase, the dev team would be glad to hear
your feedback on this proposal:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2294?focusedCommentId=12852183&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12852183

After feedback has been incorporated, this document will serve both as user
documentation and as a guide for what we should be building towards and
testing.

Thanks!
-Todd

--