hbase-user mailing list archives

From ChingShen <chingshenc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why does the default hbase.hstore.compactionThreshold is 3?
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:32:59 GMT
Thanks, JG

   As you mentioned at HBASE-2375, if we make decision to split based on
aggregate size of all StoreFiles, and compactionThreshold is 5, does it mean
that we don't need to do compaction forever?
and please allow me to ask a silly question about compaction, why do we need
the minor/major compaction in HBase? what's advantages of the minor/major
compaction? speed up for read operations?

Thanks in advance.

Shen