hbase-user mailing list archives

From manua <agarwal.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Java Client hangs after around 2 min
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:49:53 GMT

Hi All,

I have set up the Hbase in standalone mode. Both my server an client are
running on the same box.
When I tried to load a large amount of data, the client is hanging after

It looks, it may be a timeout issue. Please find below the snippet from
logs,

2010-07-07 11:32:25,993 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
Connected to /127.0.0.1:58719 lastZxid 0
2010-07-07 11:32:25,994 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
Creating new session 0x129ad8917920002
2010-07-07 11:32:26,005 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
Finished init of 0x129ad8917920002 valid:true
2010-07-07 11:34:24,319 INFO
org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Processed session
termination request for id: 0x129ad8917920001
2010-07-07 11:34:24,342 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
closing session:0x129ad8917920001 NIOServerCnxn:
java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/127.0.0.1:2181
remote=/127.0.0.1:58715]

Also, I have made changes to hbase-default.xml as below,

<property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.tickTime</name>
    <value>20000</value>
    <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
    The number of milliseconds of each tick.  See
    zookeeper.session.timeout description.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.initLimit</name>
    <value>20</value>
    <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
    The number of ticks that the initial synchronization phase can take.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.syncLimit</name>
    <value>20</value>
    <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
    The number of ticks that can pass between sending a request and
getting an
    acknowledgment.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>zookeeper.session.timeout</name>
    <value>400000</value>
    <description>ZooKeeper session timeout.
      HBase passes this to the zk quorum as suggested maximum time for a
      session.  See
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkSessions
      "The client sends a requested timeout, the server responds with the
      timeout that it can give the client. The current implementation
      requires that the timeout be a minimum of 2 times the tickTime
      (as set in the server configuration) and a maximum of 20 times
      the tickTime." Set the zk ticktime with
hbase.zookeeper.property.tickTime.
      In milliseconds.
    </description>
  </property>

    <property>
        <name>hbase.regionserver.lease.period</name>
    <value>400000</value>
    <description>HRegion server lease period in milliseconds. Default is
      60 seconds. Clients must report in within this period else they are
      considered dead.</description>
  </property>

But still, I am getting the same error, the client hangs.

Please let me know, if I am doing anything wrong or are there some other
settings which I need to make.

Thanks,
Manu