hbase-user mailing list archives

From balek...@gmail.com
Subject Re: real world usage, any web applications built using hbase?
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 22:15:40 GMT
pppppppppppPppppppppppppppppppppppppppPpPpppppPppPpppppppPpppppPpppPpPPpppppPpppPppppPppppPppppPPpppppPppppppppppPPpPPPPpppPPpPppPppPpppPPPPppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroquin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:44:07
To: <user@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Re: real world usage, any web applications built using hbase?

I think most of the time it is not about the tool, it is about the problem.I
think you could do what you want with HBase, it would just depend on your
application needs and the problem modeling.
There is an interesting work presented in a conference on Data
Engineeringwhich is called Supporting Database Applications as a
Service (2009). Give
it a look, maybe that can help you having a better idea of what you want.

Renato M.