hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Nguyen <andrew-lists-hb...@ucsfcti.org>
Subject Re: HBase minimum block size for sequential access
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:22:59 GMT
So, I ran the following command in the shells:

alter 'tablename', {NAME=>'cfname', BLOCKSIZE=>1045876}
major_compact 'tablename'

How do I know the major compact completed successfully?  I saw that the number of regions
has grown quite a bit but I'm not quite sure to know when it's all finished so that I can
start the benchmarking.  Another thing that I noticed is after initiating the above, my DFS
usage has continued to grow.  I had 800g total, and 300g used.  After initiating the compaction,
I am now at 614M free...  Is this expected?

Thanks!