hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wade Arnold <wade.arn...@t8webware.com>
Subject Re: GEO GIS support?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 02:39:52 GMT
+1 for using a geohash for geo-location queries. IE lat/long what
around me. I have done this with geohash and then using a range scan
with a column filter for category type and it performed very well.

Geo Spatial is another beast as you need more information than a
single key. Like Steven I am currently using Solr and the experimental
SOLR-773 in order to create the indexes. This is working very well.
The main drawback is I have no been able to seemlessy use Hbase as my
storage engine for SOLR. I still end up moving data in and out of the
SOLR shards. Maybe someone else on this list has that figured out and
I could write a tutorial on how to do geo-location and geo-spacial in
HBase.

Wade