hbase-user mailing list archives

From Fred Zappert <fzapp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stumbleupon and hbase
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:09:33 GMT
Ahmed,

HBase versions all rows in a keyed entry, up to a limit that you specify and
manage through some form of garbage collection.

A keyed entry is a set of columns or column family.  So, it's not suitable
for a distributed session cache, where there are other options available.
Ryan's point was that in the course of a session, you would be creating lots
of versions, i.e., the inflation.

For a distributed and persistent cache, look at the Resin app server, which
is in fact used for session management in a cluster.

Fred