hbase-user mailing list archives

From elton sky <eltonsky9...@gmail.com>
Subject Run MR job when my data stays in hbase?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:52:28 GMT
I am new to hbase.
I am going to apply hbase in our application. We are trying to store
customer info in hbase. And periodically we need to run some background
processing, e.g. a map reduce job, on customer data and write result back to
hbase.

My question is if I wanna run the backgroup process as a MR job, can I get
data from hbase, rather than hdfs, with hadoop? How do I do that?
I appreciate if anyone can provide some simple example code.

cheers
Elton