hbase-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Secondary indexes in 0.89
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:23:34 GMT
Hey Jamie,

Since the secondary indexing package isn't part of HBase core, its progress
may fall behind the core releases, depending on the activity of the
maintainers. Because of that, we recently moved contrib packages like
secondary indexing out of the HBase release onto github. The transactional
indexed hbase package can be found here:

http://github.com/hbase-trx/hbase-transactional-tableindexed

<http://github.com/hbase-trx/hbase-transactional-tableindexed>Unfortunately,
it hasn't yet been updated to work with 0.89/trunk. Since it's on github,
you should definitely feel free to pick it up, or file an issue for the
maintainers. If you do decide to pick up the contrib and update it to
compile against trunk, feel free to ask on-list if you need any help
understanding where things may have changed.

Thanks
-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon