hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stargate retrieve multiple version of a cell
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 21:31:38 GMT
I think I just found the answer of my own question.  It was not
stargte's problem.  The data was not stored in hbase as I expected it
to be.  This raised a more basic question:

I am storing data like this:

Put row1, cf1:c1: 0, timestamp: 10
Put row1, cf1:c2: 10, timestamp: 10
Put row1, cf1:c2: 15, timestamp: 20
Put row1, cf1:c1: 1, timestamp: 20

I am updating individual column by timestamp, and repeat repeat this
60 times for each of the columns.  This is all executed by the same
client.  When I scan for "row1, c2", would I get 60 different values
for each of the timestamp?

What would happen if this kind of updates are applied by different hbase client?

regards,
Eric