hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: major differences with Cassandra
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:46:57 GMT
Hi,

Cassandra is based (loosely) on the Dynamo paper from Amazon.  HBase
is based on the bigtable paper from Google.  There are numerous
architectural differences and many practical ones.  I'd have a look at
both of those papers to get a sense of how they differ.

As for data modeling questions, there has been many email threads, and
there are a few relevant things in here:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HBase/HBasePresentations

-ryan