hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Server-side write buffer configuration
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 17:57:25 GMT
Hard to tell if it's decent performance. How do you define "decent"?
What kind of hardware are we talking about? Which version are you
using? How much memory was given to HBase?

Also did you set the write buffer on the client side on HTable? Did
you also turn off auto-flushing? Do you monitor your cluster? If so,
do you see lots if IO wait?

And finally, do you use a single client or multiple ones?

:)

J-D

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Han Liu <hanl1@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I know on the client side of HBase there's a configuration" hbase.client.write.buffer".
I wonder if there's a similar configuration on the region server side that i can tweak to
adjust performance?

> Also as of right now I have managed to insert 15gb data to a 6-regionserver HBase database
in roughly 26 minutes using the "table.put(Put p)" schema. Generally is this a decent performance?