hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regionserver tanked, can't seem to get master back up fully
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:18:30 GMT
Is that coming from the master? If so, it means that it was trying to
write recovered data from a failed region server and wasn't able to do
so. It sounds bad.

- Can we get full stack traces of that error?
- Did you check the datanode logs for any exception? Very often
(strong emphasis on "very"), it's an issue with either ulimit or
xcievers. Is your cluster configured per the last bullet on that page?
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/overview-summary.html#requirements

Thx

J-D