hbase-user mailing list archives

From amit jaiswal <amit_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Inserting Random Data into HBASE
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 15:07:44 GMT
There is a multithreaded HBase client (from sumbleupon) that can improve the
write performance from a single client
: https://github.com/stumbleupon/asynchbase

-regards
Amit

----- Original Message ----
From: rajgopalv <raja.fire@gmail.com>
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Wed, 1 December, 2010 8:17:59 PM
Subject: Inserting Random Data into HBASE

Hi,
I have to test hbase as to how long it takes to store 100 Million Records.

So i wrote a simple java code which

1 : generates random key and 10 columns per key and random values for the 10
columns.
2 : I make a Put object out of these and store it in arrayList
3 : When arrayList's size reaches 5000 i do table.put(listOfPuts);
4 : repeat until i put 100 million records.

And i run this java program as single threaded java program.

Am i doing it right? is there any other way of importing large data for
testing.? [ for now i'm not considering BULK data import/loadtable.rb etc.
apart from this is there any other way ?]