hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Haidinyak <phaidin...@local.com>
Subject Best Practices Adding Rows
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 17:21:30 GMT
Hi,
  I have to enter log data into HBase. We will need to query the data by Date:Hour
I am using the 'Date|Hour|Incrementing Counter' as the Row Id. Is there an easy was to request
the starting and stopping rows in a scan using some similar to 'like'?

Scan 'T1', {STARTROW=>'like 20101201|14'}

If not, what would be the best way to retrieve only one hour's worth of data? I am thinking
of using another table to hold the incrementing count information for a Date|Hour and use
that for Start/Stop.

Thanks

-Pete