hbase-user mailing list archives

From Juhani Connolly <juh...@ninja.co.jp>
Subject Re: Slow recovery on lost data node?
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 07:09:11 GMT
Thanks for the information, it should help.

Regarding using a lot of families... They are currently partitioned in a
manner that reflects the various data groups that are likely to be read
together... We're doing a lot of big scans on the regions of only one of
those families, with scans of the full table being much shorter/rarer.
By having separate store files I was hoping this separation would result
in less overhead from not reading data that we simply don't need(stuff
from the other families). Is the overhead from splitting the store files
up large enough to make any savings on file access times not worth it?
Or am I missing something else?

Thanks,
  Juhani