hbase-user mailing list archives

From amit jaiswal <amit_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Current status of HBasene?
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 00:13:03 GMT
Hi,

Ravi,
There is no active development that seems to happen in HBasene, but the code
quality is good, and I suggest that you can still take a look. Few changes that
I need to do to make it working:
1. Set commit batch size to a lower number so that the documents are always
indexed (when you are playing with 1-2 documents).
2. If you are printing the docIds from the result, then the current
implementation prints the segmentIds rather than docIds. A small hack is to
store only a single document per segment.

Stack,
The project seems to be left in the process of a major design change. The design
doc doesn't talk about logical partitioning of indexes in terms of segments
which seems to be a good approach for scalability.

Can the developers:
1. Update the design doc with the proposals as what were the design approaches
like how the result set would show both segment + docId, how to assign documents
to segment so that update of indexes is possible.
2. Give the version of the last working snapshot of hbasene (which is in sync
with the current documentation).

-regards
Amit